If you are not one to put cucumbers in your shopping basket on the regular, you need to start! They have an impressive amount of health benefits that will cause you to want to eat them right away.
Here is a short list:
- Keep you hydrated. 95% water!
- Heartburn & sunburn relief.
- Flushes out toxins. The water and fiber acts as a broom, sweeping toxins out to support the digestive system.
- Contain most of the vitamins the body needs in a day. *Leave the skin on because it has a good amount of vitamin C.
- Energy boosters. A good source of B vitamins & electrolytes that will give you a nice pick me-up.
- Relieves bad breath. Take a slice & press it against the roof of your mouth and hold for 30 sec. The phytochemicals will kill the bacteria in your mouth.
- Promotes joint health. An excellent source of silica, which is known to help promote joint health.
Now that you know all the good stuff cucumbers have to offer, you are going to really enjoy preparing and eating this salad:) The first time I prepared it I was shocked by how great it was because of the simplicity of the recipe. This is going to be a summer favorite for you….
1 pint of grape tomatoes
2 TBS fresh basil
1/2 cup fresh mozzarella (you can use 1 cup if you would like)
1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
2 TBS balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
Slice the cucumbers. Wash, dry and halve the tomatoes. Dice the avocado.
- Place the cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado in a bowl. Add sliced basil and cubes of mozzarella. Pour on the oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and salt & pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Eat immediately!