I love my sweets! My splurge it is having a chocolate chunk cookie from Starbucks, but I can’t do that everyday & stay lean. Luckily there are delicious recipes that satisfy my craving & still allow me to stick to clean eating.
Homemade protein bars are perfect, and my favorite is the Chocolate Protein Bars. They are a staple in my frig. I make these often because they are easy to tote to class or work & they are great for a quick pre-workout snack! This recipe is from Jamie Eason, a fitness model and writer.
1 cup Oat Flour
(I grind my own oats in a Vitamix or you can find in the health food section of your grocery store)
4 Egg Whites
2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
½ cup organic stevia
½ tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Salt
8oz Berry flavored Baby Food
3 tbsp Baking Cocoa
*I throw in 1/4 cup of dark chocolate morsels or carob chips halfway into the cooking time:)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (oat flower, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa) together in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal, Berry flavored Baby Food,Water) together in a medium sized bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray cooking dish with a non stick butter spray and add batter to dish.
- Bake 20-30 minutes in oven.
Makes 16 squares, serving size=2 bars.
Fat: 1.4 grams
Carbs: 12 grams
Protein: 10 grams