I have to say, I love my greens. I haven’t always felt this way, but after finding a variety of ways to make leafy green vegetables, I can’t live without them! I’m addicted to how good they make my body feel and the glow they bring to my skin.
If you don’t like vegetables I hope you give them another chance and try out some of these ideas and recipes. Your body will thank you.❤️
- A glowing green smoothie!
Blending your greens helps make their nutrition readily available to your body. The fruit boosts the nutritional value and adds a nice balance of flavor to the vegetables. It’s really delicious!
- half of an apple
- 1-2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 banana
- 1/3 cup water (adjust if too thick)
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 big handful of spinach and kale
- 1 scoop of protein powder
2. Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
This dressing makes me LOVE to eat salad, so much that I will eat it without anything else mixed in. However, cranberries and walnuts taste divine mixed in with this dressing:) Thank you Wellness Mama!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- One clove of garlic, finely minced
- Small squirt of dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey (optional)
- Salt, pepper and basil to taste
- Mix all ingredients in small jar or blender.
3. Roasted Vegetables
This seems to bring out the sweetness and makes them so yummy that I enjoy eating them by themselves.
A base recipe is to mix up 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil with your favorite seasonings. I like sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley. ღ Bake at 425 for 25-30 min.
4. S greens with mixed vegetables
Chop up your veggies and saute’ with some olive or coconut oil. This is great for adding into omelettes, pasta or salads.
5. Soup bottoms
My little trick for sneaking in vegetables is to roughly chop them up and put soup on top. A quick and easy lunch idea!
I would love to hear how you eat your greens!