This healthy slow cooked BBQ chicken recipe is so good it will make you want to slap your mama! It’s easy to make, budget friendly, and has plenty of flavor. What I love about this recipe is that I always have leftovers so it helps me with meal prep for the week.
This is a family favorite in my home so I hope you enjoy it just as much!
- 5 Pounds of fresh Chicken Breasts (frozen is too watery)
- 1/2 Cup Light Italian Dressing
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar “With The Mother”
- 12 Ounces BBQ sauce *here’s my homemade recipe-https://healthyjustice.wordpress.com/2016/03/19/homemade-bbq-sauce/ or search for the lowest sodium and healthiest BBQ sauce
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
How to Make Crockpot BBQ Chicken:
- Trim the fat off the chicken breasts and cut them in half.
- Chop up yellow onion.
- Stir all the ingredients together in the slow cooker.
- Cook on High Heat for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours shred your chicken breasts with 2 forks. Cook on high heat for 1 hour.
*recipe inspired by Derek Howes
- Make a BBQ Chicken Sandwich
- Make a wrap
- Have it on rice
- Put in on a salad
- Have it with sautéed cabbage in coconut or olive oil with some sea salt and pepper.
* Broccoli slaw would be great with a sandwich or a wrap. Wellness Mama has a broccoli slaw that I love.❤️ http://wellnessmama.com/615/broccoli-slaw/