There are times when I want to indulge myself with a decadent dessert, but I don’t want the guilt or to sabotage all my hard work in the gym.
So how do I have my cake and eat it too❔
I make myself this this delicious and healthy cheesecake.😍 It combines the rich and intoxicating sweetness that makes cheesecake so divine with ingredients that contribute to a building a lean physique.
Healthy Protein Cheesecake | Ingredients
- 12 Ounces of 1/3 Less Fat Cream or Neufchâtel Cream Cheese
- 12 Ounces Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Stevia
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder (I use vanilla whey)
- 10-15 Drops Liquid Sweetener (Optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Protein Cheesecake| Preparation
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl for 1-2 min.
- Spray a 6’’cake pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30min then turn down the oven to 200° and continue baking for 50-60 min.
- Let cool in the fridge for a 4-5 hours, but it’s even better overnight!
- Top it with my coconut whipped cream, protein frosting, or BOTH! *See recipes below-:)
*If you want some variation from plain old cheesecake simply change the flavor of your protein powder.
Coconut Whipped Cream | Ingredients
- 1 can whole fat coconut milk- look for higher fat on the label! (*if it isn’t whole fat the water will not separate)
- sweetener of choice, optional
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Coconut Whipped Cream| Preparation
- Refrigerate your milk overnight
- When you’re ready to make your whipped cream, flip the can over and open it from the bottom. (this allows you to pour out the coconut water that set at the bottom of the can.)
- Scoop out the coconut fat and put into a mixing bowl
- Add your sweetener (I use 10-15 drops of organic stevia).
- Use a hand mixer to whip up the cream for 1-2 min until it’s smooth and fluffly.