Did you eat too much candy this weekend? Let’s crush those calories and have fun doing it!
This is a Halloween-themed workout I put together for my morning bootcamp class. It is a total body workout that will burn some serious calories!
Repeat each circuit three times.
Exercise descriptions provided at the bottom of the blog.
- Run a couple of laps or run for 2 minutes at a fast pace.
- Next, take it into the BOOty blast exercises. Perform each exercise for 45 sec.
- Thriller shuffle reaction drill– Get into a squat position (pretend like you are playing defense in a basketball game). For 45 seconds randomly shuffle right to left. If you have a partner, have them randomly call out ‘right’ or ‘left’ commands.
- Killer arm exercises. Perform each exercise for 45 sec.
- Monster slams– perform these for 45 sec. http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/overhead-slam
- SPOOKtacular ab exercises! Perform each for 30 seconds (20 sec. just isn’t long enough;).
Wall squat– Stand with your back against a wall, placing your feet about two feet out in front of you. Feet should be hip-distance apart. Bending your knees, slide your back down the wall until your knees are at 90 degree angles. Adjust your body position so that your knee joints don’t go over your ankle joints.
Sumo pulse– Get into a wide stance toes slightly turned out and squat low. Stay at the bottom end of the movement as you do tiny pulses.
Bridges– Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Raise your hips of the floor so that your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. Pause at the top then slowly lower your body back to the floor.
Spider pushups– Place your hands on the floor underneath your shoulders and get into a push-up position.
Move your left hand forward and bend your elbow while simultaneously stepping forward with your left foot and draw your knee to the elbow.
Bicep curl to an Arnold press– http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/arnold-dumbbell-press
Witches cauldron– Perform a plank with your arms on a stability ball. Make tiny circles toward the right for 10 seconds then repeat on the left.
Reverse crunch with medicine ball– Place a medicine ball or towel between your knees. Pull your knees in toward your chest and do a small hip lift.
Scissors– Lying on your back with your legs extended off the floor, alternate crossing your legs.
Wall sit twist- Get into your wall squat position with a medicine ball. Alternate tapping the medicine ball to the right and left.