In this workout I have included several of my favorite exercises along with plyometric exercises at the end. These will all help build up your glutes and improve athletic performance. Plyometric training recruits fast twitch muscle fibers which means building stronger glutes and burning more body fat.
Warm up for 5-10 minutes.
Sumo Deadlift– keep your chest lifted. A modification is to hold one dumbbell with both hands to perform this movement.
Skaters- you can modify this by not using a kettle bell. Advanced option is to superset the sumo squat with skaters.
Cable squats– begin this exercise by stepping back far enough to feel resistance with the bar.
Leg press jumps– set the weight low enough to propel off the platform and complete the suggested number of jumps. If you don’t have a machine like this, perform squat jumps on the floor and hold a 5 or 8 lb dumbbell in each hand. Advanced option is to superset this with the cable squats.
Pullthroughs- step forward to where you feel tension on the rope. When you stand, squeeze the glutes.
Reverse Abduction- we are putting a spin on this machine. Hinge forward slightly at the hips. Push out and pause for 1-2 seconds. Advanced option is to superset this exercise with the pullthroughs.
10 min of plyometrics
I set up a circuit format and it was awesome! You can see the video on instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/ndenisejustice/?hl=en
We spent 40 seconds at each station and we went for 4 rounds. Pace yourself and do your best. If you get through 1-2 rounds, that’s great. Have fun and train with passion!
Here are the stations:
- Weighted broad jumps
- Step jump
- Weighted bosu jumps
- Medicine ball slams
The infamous “Tiller butt”used to be a joke in my family, especially among the cousins, as something we didn’t want to inherit. My how times have changed and now that voluptuous booty is something that is desired! I got what I wished for and didn’t wind up with the “Tiller butt,” so now I’m building it;)
Just to clarify, I’m not interested in getting a BIG BUTT as much as I’m interested in building a FIT BUTT! I think a nice round and muscular booty is attractive, so I’m a bit obsessed with training my glutes.
If you want a shapely fit butt then my Build-A-Booty Challenge is for you!
Here are the guidelines:
- Go Deep! When you are doing squats, go low and break parallel. You are not engaging all the muscles of the glutes if you are not going low. Lighten up the weight if that is what it takes for you to get it down.
- Work Hard! The glutes are dense and thick muscles so you can’t play around with light weight and expect to get results. Attack your training with intensity. Go as heavy as you can while keeping perfect form. Superset, dropset, and hit every plane of motion.
- Train Smart! You are training hard and getting your muscles sore so rest is crucial. If you are continually tearing down the muscles with no rest they can’t come back bigger and stronger.
- Be Passionate! When you are passionate about something you will find a way to overcome challenges and not let anything stand between you and the object of your desire. Focus in and remove distractions. When you are performing an exercise focus on nailing your form and squeezing your glutes.
- Be Patient! Fit Booties aren’t built in a day or in two weeks! I’ve been weight training seriously for ten years, and I’m still building my glutes.
I will be sharing workouts in the weeks to come to go along with your challenge, but for now make a mental shift and apply these guides in the way you approach your training.
I’m available for personal and group/partner training as well as health coaching. If you have a lot of weight to lose and need support, that is my specialty. I’m a certified personal trainer/lifestyle fitness coach NESTA/Health Coach NDP. I can work with you locally or out of state. Send me a message, and I will be happy to share my services with you.