If mother nature blessed you with a natural hourglass shape, lucky you! I’ve been working to enhance my curves for years, and weight training has made a world of difference. Even Marilyn lifted weights, along with diet, to keep her voluptuous body firm.
You can absolutely create the look of a shapely silhouette by building up your shoulders and back, tightening up the abs and sculpting the glutes. The Hourglass Workout is a week’s worth of workouts that I’ve designed to create killer curves and burn off body fat.
- There are 5 workouts with a rest day mid-week.
- Complete each superset or tri-set then rest one minute before starting the next set.
- beginners perform 1-2 sets/advanced perform the instructed amount.
- Use the ab circuit twice a week on non-consecutive days.
- Cardio should be done at least 3 days a week. The bootcamp workout on Day 5 is considered a cardio day.
Follow this, along with nutrition tips I’ve provided in the links at the bottom page, to compliment your workouts. If you would like to receive personalized fitness and nutrition programs, check out my about section and send me a message.
Day 1: Monday— Legs/Shoulders
Superset: 4 sets
Deep squats: 12 reps
Step jumps: 12 http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/box-jump-multiple-response
*modify using a smaller box
Trisets: 3 sets
Walking lunges: 24 total steps
Dumbbell sumo squat: 15
Lateral bound with dumbbells: 30 total http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/lateral-bound-
Trisets: 3 sets
Shoulder press: 15 reps
Lateral raise: 12 reps
rear delt fly machine: 15 reps
Day 2: Tuesday— Chest/Biceps
Giantset: 4 sets
Dumbbell incline press: 15
Plyo push-ups: 12 http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/plyo-push-up
*modify on knees
Dumbbell fly: 15
Step ups: 24 total http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/step-up-with-knee-raise
Giantset: 3 sets
E-Z bar curl: 12 reps
Dumbbell incline curl: 12 reps
Hammer curl: 12 reps
Jacks: 30 seconds
Day 3: Rest day
Day 4: Thursday— Back/Triceps
Superset: 4 sets
Barbell deadlift: 12 reps http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/main/popup/name/barbell-deadlift
Machine row: 12 reps
Giant set: 3 sets
One arm row: 12 reps
Dumbbell pullover: 12 reps
Wide grip pulldown: 12 reps
Triset: 3 sets
Cable over head extension: 12 reps
reverse grip pull-down: 12 reps
bench dips: to failure
Step ups: 24 total
Day 5: Bootcamp
Perform 3 rounds for 1 minute for all exercises. Rest 1 minute & repeat.
- Weighted Burpees *perform this with dumbbells
- Curtsey lunges *holding dumbbells http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/kettlebell-curtsy-lunge
- Slow floor sprints *a slow controlled version of a mountain climber. When you bring your knee in toward the chest, don’t let your foot touch the ground. Hold for a second, then switch.
- Axe chop with medicine ball *picture at bottom page
- Single leg deadlift *30 seconds on one leg and 30 on the other
- Low plank crossover *cross one leg over the other in plank position, almost touching floor, repeat on the other side.
Ab circuit: 3 rounds, rest 1 minute after each round.
- Decline crunch: 15 reps
- Stability ball pike press/or knee tuck: 10 reps https://healthyjustice.wordpress.com/2014/03/26/total-body-workout-you-can-do-at-home/
- Side plank hip drops: 10 each side, hold last rep up for 10 seconds http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/main/popup/name/side-bridge
- reverse crunch: 15 reps
- russian twist with medicine ball: 20 reps
Ax Chop with medicine ball
Nutrition and Lifestyle Blogs: